One out of three women will die from cardiovascular disease. That's why Palmetto Health Heart Hospital is concerned about women's heart health.
Women's Most Common Heart Attack Symptoms
(often very different from men's)
- Sleep disturbance
- Dizziness or fainting
- Overwhelming fatigue
- Anxiety or sense of impending doom
- Chest discomfort, pressure or burning
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Nausea or indigestion not relieved by antacids
- Pain or weakness in the shoulder (blades), back, neck, arm, jaw or all over the body
If you experience any of these symptoms, call 9-1-1.