Palmetto Health Children’s Hospital offers highly advanced, minimally invasive da Vinci® surgery for infants and children. There are less than 25 surgeons in the United States trained in robotic assisted surgery and we are fortunate to have one of the best on staff.
The visualization tools along with the computer assisted robotic technology and tiny instruments made da Vinci® surgery an excellent option for infants and young children.
Benefits of da Vinci® Pediatric surgery include:
- Smaller surgical incisions (typically 1-2 cm)
- Reduced blood loss and need for transfusions
- Less post-operative pain and discomfort
- Less risk of infection
- Shorter hospital stay
- Faster recovery and return to normal daily activities
da Vinci® Pediatric Surgeries
- Neonatal and pediatric gastrointestinal surgery
- Thoracic surgery for tumors and lung diseases
- Procedures for acid reflux and achalasia
- Splenectomies (removal of the spleen)
- Nephrectomies (removal of the kidney)
Palmetto Health Children's Hospital
All pediatric surgery patients are cared for at Palmetto Health Children's Hospital and surrounded by people who have dedicated their lives to caring for children. You'll find kid friendly features everywhere and a skilled team of pediatric professionals all located under one roof and sharing one goal — to provide coordinated, compassionate care to South Carolina's children and their families.
da Vinci® Pediatric Surgeons
If your child is facing surgery, please contact Juan I. Camps, MD with Pediatric Surgeons of South Carolina to determine if your child is a candidate for a da Vinci® surgery.