- Patient & Visitor Information
- Baptist Patients & Visitors
- Richland Patients & Visitors
- Chapel Services
- E-Mail a Patient
- Hospital Telephone Numbers
- Hospital Addresses
- Hotels & Inns
- Maps and Directions
- Medical Records
- Patient Rights & Privacy Policies
- PubMed Online Library Database
- Our Physician Practices
- Specialty Centers
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Patient Care Services
- Education, Residency Programs & Research
- Community Outreach
- Patient Stories
- Palmetto Health Foundation
- Volunteer Programs
Food & Nutrition Services
At Palmetto Health Baptist, we offer Room Service dining. Order your meals when you want them, between 6:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m., and have them delivered to your room within one hour. Patients on modified or restricted diets also can participate. Our dietary assistants will help explain your special diet and assist you in ordering.
Does an apple a day really keep the doctor away? We don't know about that, but we do know that eating a healthy, balanced diet has many benefits on our health and wellness.
The Food and Nutrition Department of Palmetto Health Baptist offers several services to help you make healthy food choices:
- Clinical Nutrition Advocates are available to discuss any issues you may have regarding your food service experience at the hospital. They can explain any diet restrictions your physician orders and help you with ordering your meals.
- Registered Dietitians are available on each hospital unit to assist you with your nutritional needs. They are available to you via a nurse referral or by your physician's order for consultation.
- The Weight Management Center, Palmetto Health Baptist's bariatric surgery program has a Registered Dietitian who is part of their comprehensive program. The dietitian's role is to educate patients about the dietary changes they will need to make before and after bariatric surgery.
- The Outpatient Specialty Clinic at Palmetto Health Baptist offers a diabetes education program, which includes dietary information specific to diabetes provided by a Registered Dietitian. To learn more about the diabetes education program, call (803) 296-8906. Physician referral is required.
Registered dietitians from the clinical nutrition department are available for community education presentations. To inquire about our Speaker's Bureau, call Community & Government Relations at (803) 296-2961.