- Patient & Visitor Information
- Our Physician Practices
- Specialty Centers
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Patient Care Services
- Education, Residency Programs & Research
- Community Outreach
- Patient Stories
- Palmetto Health Foundation
- Volunteer Programs
The Behavioral Care program at Palmetto Health is one of largest in South Carolina. We offer a wide array of psychiatric and addiction services to meet the needs of children, adolescents and adults. People turn to our caring team for many inpatient and outpatient treatment options for psychiatric illnesses or addictions.
To schedule a free, confidential assessment, call 1-888-724-7888 or 803-434-4813.
Anyone can be affected by a behavioral health problem including a co-worker, your neighbor, your child, or even you. In any given year, nearly one in four people suffer from a mental health issue or alcohol or drug problem. Some people may be affected mildly, while others may be affected more severely.
It's important to know that behavioral health illnesses such a depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders and addiction are medical diseases. Just as there are treatments for diabetes, heart disease and cancer, there are effective treatments to help people with behavioral health illnesses recover.
As the sponsor of the University of South Carolina School of Medicine's Department of Neuropsychiatry and Behavioral Sciences Residency Program, we benefit from the latest clinical research and training opportunities. Many of the attending psychiatrists on staff at Palmetto Health Behavioral Care are also on the faculty at the Department of Neuropsychiatry and serve as teachers for the psychiatric residents during their training at Palmetto Health.
- SC SHARE
- National Institute for Mental Health
- National Mental Health Association
- American Psychiatric Association
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- National Alliance on Mental Illness – Mid-Carolina (NAMI-MC)
- National Alliance on Mental Illness – South Carolina (NAMI-SC)
- South Carolina Recovering Professionals Program
- National Association of Psychiatric Hospitals
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Addiction Recovery Center (Outpatient)
- Adult Chemical Dependency/Dual Diagnosis (Inpatient)
- Adult Psychiatry (Inpatient)
- Child and Adolescent Behavioral Care Programs
- Day Treatment (Adult Outpatient Psychiatry)
- Music Therapy Internship
- Online Screening
- Inpatient Visitor Information
- Support Groups and Meetings