- Patient & Visitor Information
- Our Physician Practices
- Primary Care Practices
- Cardiovascular Practices
- Hospitalist Practices
- Medical Specialty Practices
- OB/GYN Practices
- Orthopedic Practices
- Palmetto Health Dental Center
- Pediatric Practices
- Senior Primary Care
- Surgical Practices
- Urgent Care
- Specialty Centers
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Patient Care Services
- Education, Residency Programs & Research
- Community Outreach
- Patient Stories
- Palmetto Health Foundation
- Volunteer Programs
Patient-Centered Specialty Practice
Palmetto Heart is dedicated to providing you with the best care possible and helping you manage all of your health needs.
In our ongoing pursuit of excellence, we are seeking accreditation by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Specialty Practice, a recognition previously available only to primary care practices. In the primary care setting, a patient-centered medical home strengthens the relationship between you and your doctor. It also helps you become more involved in your own care and, ultimately, it means you’re receiving better quality care.
Palmetto Heart is striving to join an elite number of specialty practices, which include only four others in South Carolina and 76 in the United States, that are designated as patient-centered specialty practices. We look forward to providing this service to our patients.
What does that mean for you at Palmetto Heart? It means we are successfully coordinating your care with your primary care physician and each other. It also means we are providing timely access to care, and are continuously improving our quality.
So, how do we do this? We become part of your health team, which includes you, your primary care physician, and anyone else you choose to involve in your care decisions, such as trusted friends or family members.
Our role is:
- To know you and your family. We will manage your health care and will answer your health-related questions.
- To work with other medical experts, including your primary care physician.
- To track your health information using an electronic medical record.
- To offer convenient office hours to help you get an appointment at a time that works for you.
- To provide an on-call physician for after-hours care.
- To work with you and your health care team to develop a personalized health care plan based on mutual goals and the latest medical evidence
We will review your treatment plan with you, and this will be noted in the clinical visit summary provided to you at the end of your visit. We also will send our office note, including the plan of care, to your primary care provider and any other providers who are participating in your care.
During your visit, your provider will instruct you on when you will need to return for follow-up care. You will be given a clinical visit summary and an appointment reminder sheet with this information. If you need us at any time prior to your follow-up appointment, please contact our office at 803-434-3800, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., and we will assist you. If you need assistance after hours or on the weekend, call the office and you will be assisted by the on-call provider for after-hours care.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask us.