Resident Research Day
The 2015 Resident Research Day at Palmetto Health will be held Thursday, May 7 in the North Portal at Palmetto Health Richland. The event will showcase the medical research, case studies and quality improvement projects performed by medical, dental and pharmacy residents and fellows of Palmetto Health and the University of South Carolina School of Medicine.
Monetary prizes will be awarded in each category. First place will receive $250, second place will receive $125 and third place will receive $75. This cash award program gives individuals an occasion to present posters on research and clinical cases they have conducted while undergoing their training.
|Click here to download the equal-column-width template|
|Click here to download the wide-center-column template|
The Call for Abstracts contains both the Abstract Guidelines and Eligibility and Obligations for the event. A Resident Research Day application and Mentor Acknowledgment must accompany submitted abstracts.
- Maximum poster size 4’x6’. If using a poster printed for another event, dimensions must be verified. Posters larger than 4’x6’ will be rejected.
- Easels, boards and pins will be provided. Boxes will be available to place copies of the abstract and/or small copies of the poster.
- Posters are to be prepared in advance. Approved PowerPoint poster templates are available, to the right. Use of these templates is not mandatory.
- All costs of poster creation will be the responsibility of the entrant’s residency program.
- Posters should include title, author’s name, institution affiliations and a detailed description of methods and results. Appropriate graphs, tables and photos should be included on posters.
- Posters must be set up Thursday, May 7, from 8-8:30 a.m. Judges will review posters from 9-11:30 a.m. Authors must be available for questions during this time.
- Specific details regarding the pick-up of posters will be distributed prior to the event. Winning posters may be retained by the Research Division for an additional time period to be showcased at other events.
If you have any questions, please contact Rebecca Marigliano, PhD, Director of Research, at 803-296-8065 or Rebecca.Marigliano@PalmettoHealth.org.