Research Physical Therapy Specialists
Palmetto Health has teamed with the University of South Carolina Physical Therapy Program to create an advanced physical therapy clinic, designed to help patients maintain and improve their mobility as well as reduce and manage pain.
Research Physical Therapy Specialists features a team of board-certified physical therapy specialists in orthopaedics, geriatrics and/or vestibular assessment and rehabilitation.
Contact Research Physical Therapy Specialists:
3010 Farrow Rd., Suite 120, Columbia, SC 29203
Hours: Monday–Friday, 8 a.m-5 p.m.
All patients visiting the Mobility Research Clinic are cared for by doctorate-level physical therapists (DPT/PhD) that have additional training and certifications of advanced-level practice. Patient progress is tracked to ensure we are doing everything we can do to achieve positive results within a quick, comfortable timeline.
Advanced, innovative physical therapy services are approved and fall within the scope of practice set by the South Carolina Board of Physical Therapy. One-on-one sessions ensure each individual receives treatment designed specifically for his or her physical limitations, areas of pain, etc.
Palmetto Health Mobility Research Clinic treats:
- Pain (Neuromusculoskeletal) Including: back, neck, joints (shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee, ankle)
- Headaches: Cervicogenic, tension-pain from the neck and/or around the head
- Central Sensitivity Syndromes: Fibromyalgia-Pain and trigger points or "knots"
- Vestibular Dysfunction: Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)-Dizziness
- Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction (TMJ): Pain and/or clicking
- Neuromuscular impairments – Geriatric syndromes, balance, gait (walking) difficulties
- Problems not resolved through conventional therapy