IT Systems and Security
Palmetto Health has implemented electronic medical records across its inpatient settings and throughout most of the ambulatory care network.
Palmetto Health's inpatient and outpatient electronic medical record system.
Specific applications are:
Firstnet-Patient tracking and information system used by the Emergency Department
|Outlook||Palmetto Health's email system|
|HeartLab and/or HeartStation||Cardiology images and reports|
|QS and/or OBLink||Fetal monitoring|
|RSO||Reduced/Remote Sign On(remote access)|
|SSO||Single Sign On or Badge Access|
Contact the IT Service Center to gain access to the above applications or if you are experiencing difficulties with the program in the hospital, your office, or your home and if you have other general issues, such as: printing problems, password resets, etc.
|Campus||Outside Line||Internal Line|
Clinical Quality Informatics (CQI)
Liaisons will contact you to schedule training and education regarding the following clinical system applications once you have been approved for privileges:
Palmetto Health's electronic medical record.
Each practitioner is assigned a unique number. The number is used to access the medical records dictation system.
Log-in and passwords-
Required for access into system.
Remote Sign on-
Allows convenient access to administrative and clinical applications from work,home or anywhere there is Wifi access. Medical Staff are able to access Remote Sign On Desktop from hand held electronic devices.
Single Sign On-
Single Point of access for patient information, e-mail, clinical and administrative applications, and much more.
Palmetto Health Information Security Program
- Our Information Security Program continues to ensure that we comply with all applicable state and Federal laws, rules, regulations, and standards.
- The entire Palmetto Health workforce and others that have access to our facilities, information, and information systems are required to participate in introductory and continuing information security training and to report known or suspected information security incidents.
- The Information Security Office helps the Palmetto Health workforce comply with the increasingly complex rules, regulations,and standards by providing uniform policies and procedures.
- The Information Security Officer aids in the identification and correction of any actual or perceived information security incident and breaches.
- The Information Security expectations are set out in the Corporate Policy manual.
The following electronic communications not provided by Palmetto Health are often not secure and information could possibly be viewed or accessed by others without a need to know.
- All patient information is to be accessed via unique (not shared) accounts.
- All patient information is to be encrypted while stored or transferred.
- All devices used to retain, transfer, or access confidential information are to remain virus free and secure from non-authorized access.
- All actual or suspected information security incidents must be immediately reported including the loss of devices immediately upon their discovery.
Tips to Keep Your Information Safe
Do not leave electronic devices unattended.
- Read and understand privacy and terms before downloading and installing apps or using services.
- Assume any email may be a fake, look for signs that it is spam/scam before proceeding.
- Ensure all portable devices including phones, tablets, USB drives, etc are encrypted.
- If you have any doubts about anything related to information security please call the number below.
Contact Information Security at:
Information Security Direct Line: