Practitioner Code of Conduct
Purpose: The Medical Staffs of Palmetto Health, united in a spirit of mutual trust and fellowship, and mindful of values of our profession, acknowledge the responsibility of all medical staff members to engage in honorable conduct in all professional activities and to abide by the principles set forth in this Code of Conduct.
1. Be dedicated to clinical excellence.
2. Uphold the standards of professionalism; be honest, fair and courteous in all professional interactions.
3. Embody the Palmetto Health Vision: To be remembered by each patient as providing the care and compassion we want for our families and ourselves.
4. Respect diversity. Value the contributions of others and work collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team.
5. Strive to be an agent and exemplar of Palmetto Health Values: Compassion, dignity, excellence, integrity and teamwork.
6. Hold one another accountable for adhering to high standards of professionalism and clinical care.
7. Respect the rights of patients, colleagues, and other health professionals, and safeguard patient confidences and privacy within the constraints of the law.
8. Continue to study, apply and advance scientific knowledge. Maintain a commitment to medical education. Make relevant information available to patients, colleagues and the public.
9. Participate in necessary organizational change and contribute to the improvement of the community and the betterment of public health.
10. While caring for a patient, regard rsponsibility to the patient as paramount. Encourage patient involvement in care and treatment decisions.
11. Abide by the Provider Code of Conduct policy.