- Patient & Visitor Information
- Our Physician Practices
- Specialty Centers
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Patient Care Services
- Behavioral Care
- Breast Center
- Cardiac Services
- Cerebrovascular Center
- Chest Pain ER
- Dental Center
- Diabetes Education
- Geriatric Services
- HomeCare Services/Hospice
- Imaging Services
- Laboratory Services
- Mobile Critical Care Unit
- Outpatient Services
- Palmetto Health Counseling
- Parkridge Surgery Center
- PET/CT Imaging Center
- Pharmacy Services
- Prostate Health
- Rehabilitative Services
- Research Physical Therapy Specialists
- Sleep Diagnostic Centers
- Women's Services
- Wound Care
- Education, Residency Programs & Research
- Community Outreach
- Patient Stories
- Palmetto Health Foundation
- Volunteer Programs
Child and Adolescent Behavioral Care Programs
Palmetto Health has been offering help and hope for young patients and their families for decades through inpatient and outpatient treatment. We understand how chaotic life can feel, for both the child and family, when a child or adolescent is struggling with a behavioral health issue. Their symptoms and behavior can severely impact family life.
Children and adolescents may be experiencing a behavioral health illness such as:
Adjustment difficulties or life changes
Attention Deficit Disorder
Drug or alcohol abuse
Other psychiatric disorders
Our goal is to stabilize the situation and return the young patient to emotional well-being. Several levels of care are offered to meet these needs. All services are offered on the Palmetto Health Baptist campus.
To schedule a free, confidential assessment or for more information on inpatient programs, call 1-888-724-7888 or 803-434-4813.
Our inpatient treatment program provides 24-hour medically supervised treatment in a therapeutic environment for children 5–18 who have reached crisis stages. Using a multi-disciplinary approach, the treatment team works with each patient and family to identify problems and develop a treatment plan. Some of the treatment components include:
- Family Conferences
- Psychological Evaluation
- Play Therapy
- Academic Services
- Medication Management
- Psycho-educational Groups
- Coping Skills
- Music Therapy
- Recreation Therapy
During the school year, our licensed teachers provide educational assistance two hours per day. Patients work on assignments obtained from their own school in order to minimize the impact of their hospitalization on their academic progress.
For more information on our inpatient programs or to schedule an assessment, please call 1-888-724-7888 or 803-434-4813.
To speak with a representative about our outpatient treatment options, please call 803-296-6829.
Partial Hospitalization Program
The Child & Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Program follows a Monday–Friday daytime schedule, combining the intensity and structure of an inpatient hospital setting with the flexibility of returning home in the evenings and on weekends. Patients are seen by the psychiatrist daily and participate in the same groups and activities provided for those who are inpatient.
Adolescent Addiction Recovery
Peer pressure may be hard to resist, and substance abuse or addiction can result, even in good kids with good parents. If you're concerned that your teen's experimenting has gone too far, you owe it to your family to learn more.
Palmetto Health's Adolescent Addiction Recovery Center offers two treatment options for teens struggling with substance use or abuse:
- TASK, Teens Acquiring Skills Through Knowledge - an 8-week educational series designed to help teens with knowledge about alcohol and drug abuse and equip them with valuable skills to resist the temptation of substance abuse.
- Intensive Outpatient Program - a program involves adolescent appropriate individual, family and group therapy along with traditional 12-step involvement to help your teen establish a clean and sober lifestyle, and address any emotional and/or behavioral issues associated with his/her drug use. Your teen will be seen Monday through Friday by a physician and randomly drug tested. Each teen is placed on medical homebound and receives daily instruction from a certified teacher. The typical length of the program is 8–10 weeks.
Here are some adolescent substance abuse warning signs to look for:
- Personality change, irritability
- Withdrawal from family and/or school activities
- Disrespect for family rules
- Drop in grades, absences from school
- Change in friends or style of dress
- Disappearance of valuable items or money
- Red or glazed eyes, constant cough
- Spending a lot of time in their rooms
- Lying about activities
We know substance abuse affects not only the child, but the entire family. We can help your child and your family get your life back.
Call 803-296-6829 for more information on our outpatient programs.
Click to download Adolescent Recovery Center brochure.