- Patient & Visitor Information
- Our Physician Practices
- Primary Care Practices
- Cardiovascular Practices
- Hospitalist Practices
- Medical Specialty Practices
- OB/GYN Practices
- Palmetto Health Dental Center
- Pediatric Practices
- Senior Primary Care
- Surgical Practices
- Urgent Care
- Specialty Centers
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Patient Care Services
- Education, Residency Programs & Research
- Community Outreach
- Patient Stories
- Palmetto Health Foundation
- Volunteer Programs
Family Medicine Center
Palmetto Health Family Medicine Center
3209 Colonial Blvd.
Columbia, SC 29203
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
The Palmetto Health Family Medicine Center works with the University of South Carolina School of Medicine Department of Family and Preventive Medicine to offer complete health care for children and adults, including obstetrical care for expectant mothers. Comprehensive care is provided by physicians, family nurse practitioners and psychologists, along with our certified diabetes educators and pharmacologist.
The Palmetto Health Family Medicine Center combines the convenience of a community-based practice with the technology and resources necessary to treat a broad range of illnesses and injuries. We understand that keeping people healthy goes beyond our role of diagnosing and treating acute and chronic illnesses. That is why we put a strong emphasis on health maintenance, disease prevention, chronic disease management, and patient education through classes, lectures, and public service activities.
The Palmetto Health Family Medicine Center was the first primary care practice in South Carolina to be recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as a Level-III Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH)—the highest possible designation. The Patient-Centered Medical Home is a health care setting that emphasizes partnerships between individual patients and their personal physicians.
- Acute, preventive and chronic disease care for children and adults of all ages
- Sports medicine care
- Behavioral health care - Services include individual, marital and family therapy to help people adapt to mental, emotional, or relationship difficulties.
- Diabetes Education - Patients receive education and assistance by certified diabetes educators. Individual sessions are held Tuesdays and Wednesdays. For appointments, call 803-434-6113. Group sessions meet 9–11:30 a.m. on the first and third Tuesday of each month. For group session appointments, call 803-434-6113.
- Travel Clinic for those needing preparation for overseas travel
- Procedural care, such as: skin biopsy, suturing, cyst removal, abscess drainage, wart treatment, IUD placement, colposcopy, endometrial biopsy, Implanon placement, stress testing, casting, splinting, nasopharyngoscopy, and flexible sigmoidoscopy.
We participate in the training of family medicine students and residents through an affiliation with Palmetto Health Richland’s residency program. Our patients benefit from a team approach to care, led by physicians with the USC School of Medicine Department of Family and Preventive Medicine.
Learn more about the USC School of Medicine Family and Preventive Medicine faculty members here.
For your convenience walk-in labs are available between 8:30-10 a.m., Monday through Friday.
Billing and Insurance
We accept most insurance plans and payment is due when services are rendered.