- Patient & Visitor Information
- Our Physician Practices
- Specialty Centers
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Patient Care Services
- Education, Residency Programs & Research
- Community Outreach
- Patient Stories
- Palmetto Health Foundation
- Volunteer Programs
1801 Sunset Drive, 2nd floor
Columbia, SC 29203
The Palmetto Health Women's Center works with the University of South Carolina School of Medicine Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology to offer a full range of obstetric and gynecologic care for women of all ages. Services provided range from yearly examinations and screenings to highly specialized procedures.
Some specific services include:
- Obstetric care for high-risk pregnancies
- Adolescent OB/GYN care
- Birth control procedures, such as:
- Essure Placement - inserts into fallopian tubes for permanent birth control
- Nexplanon - insertion of hormonal implant for long-acting birth control
- Mirena, Skyla and Paragard intrauterine device implantation
- Cervical Cryotherapy - procedure that destroys abnormal tissue on the cervix by freezing it
- Colposcopy - diagnostic procedure to examine cervical abnormalities
- LEEP - loop electrosurgical excision procedure to remove abnormal cervical tissue
- Stork's Nest - a prenatal care incentive program for expecting mothers that includes classes and one-on-one education
- Parenting Partner Program - OB patients receive ongoing education from a nurse navigator throughout pregnancy, delivery and six weeks postpartum. The nurse navigator serves as a liaison between the physician's office and Palmetto Health Richland as families prepare for the birth of their newborn.
We participate in the training of OB/GYN medical students and residents through an affiliation with Palmetto Health Richland’s residency program. Our patients benefit from a team approach to care, led by physicians with the USC School of Medicine Department of OB/GYN.
These physicians/faculty members are trained in the following subspecialties:
- Clinical Genetics
- Genetic Counseling
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
- Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery
Learn more about the USC School of Medicine OB/GYN faculty members here.
To make an appointment, call 803-434-4100. Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time to complete paperwork. You will need to bring your insurance card, picture identification (such as a driver's license) and any medications you are currently taking. Please provide 24 hours notice if cancelling an appointment.
We do our best to see you in a timely manner when you come in for your appointment. Therefore, if you are more than 15 minutes late, we reserve the right to reschedule your appointment for another time.
Prescriptions and Refills
Please allow 48 hours to refill prescription requests. You may contact our office nurse line at 803-434-4132 if you need additional information about prescriptions.
From Spartanburg: Follow I-26 south into Columbia. I-26 becomes I-126. Take the Elmwood Ave. exit. Follow Elmwood to the intersection with Bull St. Turn left onto Bull St. Follow Bull St. to the intersection with Harden St. Extension. Turn right onto Harden St. Extension and go approximately 0.2 miles. Turn left at the first traffic light onto Medical Park Rd. Palmetto Health Heart Hospital will be on your right. Turn right onto Sunset Dr. Go approximately .1 miles and 1801 Sunset Dr. will be on your left.
From Charleston: Follow I-26 north and take Exit 108 for I-126 into Columbia. Take the Elmwood Ave. exit. Follow Elmwood to the intersection with Bull St. Turn left on Bull St. Follow Bull St. to the intersection with Harden St. Extension. Turn right on Harden St. Extension and go approximately 0.2 miles. Turn left at the first traffic light onto Medical Park Rd. Turn right onto Sunset Dr. Go approximately .1 miles and 1801 Sunset Dr. will be on your left.
From Charlotte: Follow I-77 south into Columbia. Take exit for 277/Columbia. Take Exit 16 for Sunset Dr., Beltline Blvd. Turn left onto Sunset Dr. Go approximately .2 miles and 1801 Sunset Dr. will be on your left.