The Palmetto Health Total Joint Center is at Richland and offers unique services that increase successful outcomes. Our history with joint replacement surgery began at Columbia Hospital with the invention of the first prosthetic for joint replacement in 1928 by orthopaedic surgeon Dr. Austin T. Moore. Today, we offer:
- More joint replacement surgeries and experience than any other central South Carolina hospital.
- A successful joint replacement program that has been the role model for visiting hospitals from throughout the United States.
- Designated a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement® by the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
- Board certified orthopaedic surgeons with more than 65 years combined experience who helped to design this program.
- Total Joint Center Manager is a registered nurse who performs pre-operative education and navigates the patient through surgery and post-operative care.
- Excellent care based on proven best practice and evidence-based medicine
- 28 private rooms with beds available for family members who wish to stay with their loved one.
- A team approach to care and recovery, resulting in best practice outcomes.
- A truly multi-disciplinary team of professionals including physicians, nurses, dietitians, pharmacists, case management, social workers, physical therapists, occupational therapists and home health.
- 99 percent patient satisfaction as measured by Press Ganey.
- A life-changing surgery offered in a happy and positive environment.
Unique programs and special events offered in conjunction with our partnership with Historic Columbia Foundation.
—Kim J. Chillag, M.D.
Moore Orthopaedic Clinic