Columbia is home to the University of South Carolina, a leading graduate research institution including schools of medicine, nursing and public health. Nine other degree-granting colleges and universities are located here, including Midlands Technical College, the largest in the state.
More than 130 public and 70 private schools for all grades are also available in Richland and Lexington counties, the two-counties that make up the Columbia metropolitan area.
For more information on education...
- University of South Carolina
- The Medical University of South Carolina
- Clemson University
- Midlands Technical College
- SC Department of Education
- SC Public School District Links Most students in the area attend Lexington County Districts 1, 2 or 5 or Richland County Districts 1 and 2.
- Columbia College
- Columbia International University
- Newberry College
- South Carolina State University
- Benedict College