- Patient & Visitor Information
- Our Physician Practices
- Specialty Centers
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Patient Care Services
- Education, Residency Programs & Research
- Residency & Fellowship Programs
- Pharmacy Residency Program
- Administrative Fellowship Program
- Continuing Medical Education
- Pastoral Education Programs
- Research Division
- Simulation Center
- Technical Education Programs
- Community Outreach
- Patient Stories
- Palmetto Health Foundation
- Volunteer Programs
Online CME Activities
Online Continuing Medical Education (CME) Activities
Welcome to the Office of Continuous Professional Development and Strategic Affairs (OCPDSA) for online CME activities. For more about our office visit the About Us section on our home page.
The OCPDSA has developed this on line CME library with the intent to ensure that practicing physicians meet their goals for performance improvement and professional development.
The online CME activities designed for healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, nurses, nurse practitioners and physician assistants. Non-health care professionals seeking clinical advice or information should always consult a professional.
The University of South Carolina School of Medicine—Palmetto Health Continuing Medical Education Organization (USC SOM-PH CME Org) designates these activities have been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Specific credit designation for each online CME activity is reflected on the individual activity page. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Physicians participating in both a live and an online activity for identical educational material may only claim credit for one of the activities.
To be certain to receive the maximum amount of credit for your online activity, please follow these steps:
1) Click on the link to the selected online CME activity on the right to link to the flyer.
2) Review the educational purpose, the objectives and the disclosure statement on the flyer.
3) Click on the link on the bottom of the flyer to access registration, which has a link to click to view the presentation.
4) After viewing the presentation, click on the link that will direct you to the post test. The minimum performance level to successfully complete the activity for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ is displayed on the flyer and at the beginning of the post test.
5) A link is provided at the bottom of the post test for the evaluation.
6) After completing the evaluation, your certificate will be available to print. The OCPDSA will keep a record of your credits earned and can provide you with an official CME transcript upon request.
7) If there are any questions, please contact our office at 803-434-4211 or send an email to CPDSA@uscmed.sc.edu.