- Patient & Visitor Information
- Our Physician Practices
- Specialty Centers
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Patient Care Services
- Education, Residency Programs & Research
- Community Outreach
- Patient Stories
- Palmetto Health Foundation
- Volunteer Programs
Palmetto Heath has a wonderful volunteer program that helps us enhance the level of compassionate care we provide our patients. If you are interested in becoming a Palmetto Health volunteer, please read through the opportunities below.
- Our Auxiliary volunteers support us in several areas in our hospitals, including registration, information desks, gift shops, intensive care waiting rooms and surgery waiting rooms.
- Personal Touch volunteers work with our nursing staff to offer comfort care to patients and families. Comfort care can include: helping patients walk, eat or bathe; back rubs; and emotional support such as listening, reading or holding a hand. Additional training is required.
- HELP (Hospital Elder Life Program) volunteers work directly with medical and nursing staff to provide hands-on care to patients age 65 or older. Volunteers help patients maintain their cognitive and physical functioning. Additional training is required.
Summer Junior Volunteer Program
- We have various summer volunteer opportunities for teens ages 14-17.
- In Newberry and Columbia, Palmetto Health Hospice volunteers offer their time and emotional support to patients, families and staff in a variety of locations, including patient homes, hospitals and nursing facilities. Hospice volunteers can assist with patient support, administrative work or community education. For more information, call 803-296-3143. Learn more here.
To become a Palmetto Health Volunteer, please complete our Volunteer Application.
For more information about our volunteer programs, please call:
- Palmetto Health Baptist - 803-296-5520
- Palmetto Health Baptist Parkridge 803-907-1501
- Palmetto Health Richland 803-434-6242