"Palmetto Health Baptist is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by South Carolina Nurse's Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation."
"Palmetto Health Richland is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by South Carolina Nurse's Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation."
What does and doesn't qualify for CNE (Continuing Nursing Education)?
Is there a deadline for submitting a CNE Application?
- Minimum of 30 days before date of program for Palmetto Health programs
- Minimum of 6 weeks before date of program for co-provided programs (ie. Palmetto Health and a professional organization)
What do we have to do to get Nursing Contact Hours for our program?
- To help you see what / how to submit, refer to
- Include a Lead Nurse Planner from the Provider Unit on your program planning committee:
- Complete / submit all of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Submit advertising materials which include: the italicized statement above and any commercial support received (sample)
- Include ANCC wording during your course intro or in your handouts re: criteria for successful completion of course, conflict of interest, commercial support, unlabeled use of drugs, non-endorsement of products, how to report bias (you will be provided with these statements once your documentation is accepted).
- Commercial Support – If you are receiving any commercial support, read SCNA Standards for Commercial Support and submit a signed Commercial Support Agreement with your CE request.
- Co-Providerships – If you are partnering with another entity to present your program, read SCNA Co-Providership Guidelines and submit a signed Co-Provider Agreement with your CE request.
What do we have to do after the program?
- Within two weeks of completing your program, submit the following to Lead Nurse Planner: original sign in sheet, evaluation summary (Baptist), evaluation summary (Richland), copy of handouts, leftover certificates
How long can we offer our Nursing Contact Hours for our program?
- Contact Hours can be provided for two years as long as the content and faculty remain the same. Notify the Provider Unit of future course dates and for assistance with faculty changes.
Designated Lead Nurse Planners: