Women's Heart Health
One out of three women will die from cardiovascular disease. That's why Palmetto Health Heart Hospital is concerned about women's heart health.
We offer special classes about women's heart health. For more information about our program or to receive heart healthy recipes, e-mail Cindy Geiger or call 434-7808.
Women's Most Common Heart Attack Symptoms
(often very different from men's)
- Sleep disturbance
- Dizziness or fainting
- Overwhelming fatigue
- Anxiety or sense of impending doom
- Chest discomfort, pressure or burning
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Nausea or indigestion not relieved by antacids
- Pain or weakness in the shoulder (blades), back, neck, arm, jaw or all over the body
If you experience any of these symptoms, call 9-1-1. Tell them to take you to the Accredited Chest Pain ER at Palmetto Health Richland.