- Patient & Visitor Information
- Our Physician Practices
- Specialty Centers
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Patient Care Services
- Education, Residency Programs & Research
- Community Outreach
- Patient Stories
- Palmetto Health Foundation
- Volunteer Programs
Become a Personal Touch Volunteer
Ready to become a Palmetto Health Personal Touch Volunteer? Below are the steps to get started.
- Submit your volunteer application
- We contact the references listed on your application
- We schedule an interview with you upon receipt of two reference questionnaires
- Once accepted, you must attend the Personal Touch Volunteer Training Course (offered four times per year), and complete required health work
- We schedule an interview with the nurse manager of the unit of your choice
- You obtain a photo identification badge and purchase your uniform
- You spend one or two shifts with experienced volunteers
- You begin your weekly shift as a new Personal Touch volunteer
Because of the unusual opportunity for volunteers to provide hands-on care as members of the patient care team, the qualifying process is exacting. Please understand that completion of each of these steps is required to ensure all regulations are met and every consideration is given for the safety of our patients and volunteers alike.
Please call 803-296-5570 for information on our next Personal Touch training course.
*You also must attend the Palmetto Health Hospital Corporate Orientation which is offered every Monday from 8:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m. at the Greystone Blvd. location.This must be completed before you can attend the Personal Touch Training.
College students are considered for June and September training months only.
To become a Palmetto Health Volunteer, please complete our Volunteer Application.
For more information about our volunteer programs, please call:
- Palmetto Health Baptist - 803-296-5520
- Palmetto Health Baptist Parkridge - 803-907-1501
- Palmetto Health Richland - 803-434-6242