Through the University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Department of OB/GYN, Division of Genetics a wide range of services are provided to South Carolina physicians and their patients, specifically genetic counseling and laboratory services. Genetic counseling services available include:
- Prenatal counseling for advanced maternal age, positive multiple marker screening [screen positive for Down syndrome, screen positive for Neural Tube Defect (NTD), and screen positive for Trisomy 18] family history of genetic disorder, and potential teratogenic exposures
- Preconception genetic counseling and analysis of risk factors
- Infertility genetic counseling for couples experiencing infertility or multiple pregnancy losses
- Cancer genetic counseling for individuals at high risk for breast, ovarian, colon and other cancers
- Coordination of testing with outside laboratories for patients with rare disorders
A full list of services, patient information sheets, referral information, laboratory request forms, and contact information are available on the USC Clinical Genetics website.