- Patient & Visitor Information
- Quality and Patient Safety
- Our Physician Practices
- Specialty Centers
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Patient Care Services
- Education, Residency Programs & Research
- Residency & Fellowship Programs
- Pharmacy Residency Program
- Administrative Fellowship Program
- Continuing Medical Education
- Josey Health Science Library
- Pastoral Education Programs
- Research Division
- Simulation Center
- Technical Education Programs
- Community Outreach
- Patient Stories
- Palmetto Health Foundation
- Volunteer Programs
|Click here on the image above to view/download The Research Insider.|
Please see new information on our Compliance page regarding financial conflicts of interest training for research personnel.
Palmetto Health has made a commitment to the promotion of medical advances through research. Through involvement in clinical trials and clinical research, Palmetto Health is able to provide more treatment options for our patients as well as stay at the forefront of new pharmaceutical and medical device development.
The vision of Palmetto Health’s Research Division is to be recognized as the providers of choice for exemplary research services.
The mission is to improve the health and quality of life of all we serve by providing:
- Patients a supportive and safe environment to participate in cutting edge research.
- Researchers with a framework of quality, compliant, and ethical services for the development, coordination, and oversight of their research.
- Sponsors the assurance that we are a preferred partner in research.
Palmetto Health’s Research Division is composed of three departments: Clinical Trials, Institutional Review Board (IRB) Administration, and Research Compliance.
The Clinical Trials department provides clinical trial implementation at our facility, starting with a match between research study projects and Investigators with the needed expertise. This office provides dedicated, professional study coordination and regulatory staff for physicians/investigators interested in conducting clinical trials. The Institutional Review Board (IRB) Administration houses staff that coordinate Palmetto Health’s two IRBs, which are responsible for the oversight of research conducted on human subjects. Lastly, Research Compliance ensures compliance of Palmetto Health to applicable federal, state, and local regulations related to research.
Palmetto Health collaborates with a number of state and national research institutions and has a close affiliation with the University of South Carolina School of Medicine. We also are active participants in nursing research and support resident based research within our Residency and Fellowship programs. Palmetto Health’s Research Division is committed to providing world-class patient care with innovative therapies to treat disease, to promote health and wellness, including the option for patient participation in clinical research.