Patient Rights & Responsibilities
Parkridge Surgery Center Patient Rights and Responsibilities
1. The right to be treated with respect, consideration and dignity.
2. The right to quality care and treatment with appropriate privacy provided.
3. The right to know the names of those treating you and their professional credentials.
4. The right to respectful and safe care and treatment free from abuse and harassment.
5. The right to participate in decisions concerning care and treatment, except when such participation is contraindicated for medical reasons.
6. The right to be fully informed, to the degree known, complete information concerning their diagnosis, evaluation, treatment and prognosis. When it is medically inadvisable to give such information to the patient, information is provided to a person designated by the patient or to a legally authorized person.
7. The right to confidentiality of records and communication, and, except when required by law, the opportunity to approve or refuse their release.
8. The right to detailed information regarding available services at Parkridge Surgery Center along with applicable fees and charges, and to know all payment options/policies. (Parkridge Surgery Center does not operate as an after-hours and/or emergency care center).
9. The right to know information regarding the absence of malpractice insurance coverage.
10. The right to refuse to participate in experimental research.
11. The right to express spiritual and cultural beliefs.
12. The right to be informed of advanced directives, as required by state or federal law and regulations.
13. The right to be informed of their right to change primary or specialty physicians or dentists if other qualified physicians or dentists are available.
14. The right to appropriate assessment and management of pain.
15. The right to express suggestions to Parkridge Surgery Center and policies regarding grievance procedures and external appeals, as required by state and federal law and regulations..
16. The right to know that the patient information will be available to the patient and to the staff directly and indirectly involved in the patient’s care as specified within the Patient Rights And Responsibilities
17. The right to know that Parkridge Surgery Center does not market or advertise any competencies or capabilities of the Center that the Center is not qualified to perform.
18. The responsibilities of the patient are to conduct themselves in a respectful and considerate manner to other patients and to the organizational staff.
19. The patient is responsible for providing accurate and complete information related to their health, for reporting perceived risks in their care, and for reporting unexpected changes in their health.
20. The patient is responsible for providing their health care insurance information to Parkridge Surgery Center.
21. The patient is responsible for their actions if they refuse treatment or fail to follow their Practitioner’s instructions.
22. The patient is responsible for asking questions when they do not understand something about their care or what they are supposed to do.
These rights and responsibilities outline the basic concepts of services at Parkridge Surgery Center. If you believe that, at any time, one or more of these statements has not been met during your care, please ask to speak to the Clinical Director or Nurse Manager. We will make every effort to understand your complaint or concern. We will correct the issue you have if it is within our control, and you will receive a written response.