- Patient & Visitor Information
- Quality and Patient Safety
- Our Physician Practices
- Specialty Centers
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Patient Care Services
- Advanced Wound Care
- Behavioral Care
- Breast Center
- Cardiac Services
- Cerebrovascular Center
- Chest Pain ER
- Dental Center
- Diabetes Education
- Geriatric Services
- HomeCare Services/Hospice
- Hyperbaric Medicine
- Imaging Services
- Laboratory Services
- Mobile Critical Care Unit
- Mobility Research Clinic
- Outpatient Services
- Pain Management and Rehabilitation Center
- Palmetto Health Counseling
- Parkridge Diagnostic Center
- Parkridge Surgery Center
- PET/CT Imaging Center
- Pharmacy Services
- Prostate Health
- Rehabilitation Services (PT, OT, SLP)
- Women's Services
- Education, Residency Programs & Research
- Community Outreach
- Patient Stories
- Palmetto Health Foundation
- Volunteer Programs
Pain Management and Rehabilitation Center
223 Stoneridge Drive
Columbia, SC 29210
Office Hours: Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Relieving pain. Restoring mobility. Returning quality of life.
Managing pain can be difficult. The Pain Management and Rehabilitation Center at Palmetto Health offers solutions. The center helps people with chronic pain regain their quality of life.
What is chronic pain?
Chronic pain refers to pain that doesn't improve with time. Thirty days is often the magic number used to assess the duration of unresolved pain. The pain can affect a specific part of the body, as in low-back pain or headaches, or involve many regions at the same time, as in fibromyalgia or osteoarthritis. Those who suffer from chronic pain often lose the ability to perform daily activities. These sufferers may experience occupational disability, depression, drug-related complications and diminished quality of life.
Behavioral therapy is a major component of treating the whole patient that is experiencing chronic pain. We address pain from multiple fronts, integrating several treatment disciplines as part of a single, coordinated effort.
For patients who have not responded to routine medical, surgical or rehabilitative interventions, our integrated approach is highly effective. The Pain Management and Rehabilitation Center offers physicians and patients a powerful ally for managing chronic and acute pain. From non-invasive approaches involving behavioral and rehabilitative treatment to more aggressive medical and surgical intervention, our services are the most comprehensive available in South Carolina. All the specialists, pain relieving treatments and therapies are accessed at one place, the Pain Management and Rehabilitation Center at Palmetto Health.
We offer treatment for many types of pain, including:
- Back pain
- Post surgical spine pain
- Myofascial pain
- Complex regional pain
- Pelvic pain
- Post herpetic neuralgia
- Occipital neuralgia
Foot and heel pain
Treatment options include:
- Behavioral treatment
- Medication management for established patients
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Work/Functional reconditioning
- The most comprehensive services available in South Carolina to help people overcome work-related injuries.
- Our staff is experienced in handling the most difficult and chronic cases, and our success rate is excellent.
- Virtually all cases reach maximum medical improvement.
- Eighty percent are released to return to work or be retrained for other employment.
Interventional procedures performed by a physician:
- Cervical and lumbar epidural steroid injections
- Trigger point injections
- Electromyogram studies
- Diagnostic and peripheral nerve block
- Facet Joint Injections
- Sacroiliac joint steroid injections
- Spinal Cord stimulator implant
- Pulsed and standard radiofrequency ablation
- DeKompressor discectomy
- Greater occipital nerve injections
- Hip bursa injection
- Lumbar sympathetic injections
- Stellate Ganglion injections
While our services are comprehensive, they're also flexible. Physicians may refer for behavioral or rehabilitative services only. Or, they may choose to have our staff manage all aspects of a patient's pain care. We're here to accommodate the needs of the patient and the physician. We want to be an extension of your referring physician's practice.
Health professionals: Click here to download referral form.