- Patient & Visitor Information
- Our Physician Practices
- Specialty Centers
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Patient Care Services
- Education, Residency Programs & Research
- Residency & Fellowship Programs
- Pharmacy Residency Program
- Administrative Fellowship Program
- Continuing Medical Education
- Pastoral Education Programs
- Research Division
- Simulation Center
- Technical Education Programs
- Community Outreach
- Patient Stories
- Palmetto Health Foundation
- Volunteer Programs
Palmetto Health is located in the beautiful city of Columbia, South Carolina, the state capital. Centrally located within the state, Columbia is convenient to both the Blue Ridge Mountains and the spectacular South Carolina beaches.
The weather here, though ‘Famously Hot’ in the summer, is typically a pleasure year-round and there is always something in bloom. Columbia is known for its attractive, active lifestyle, affordable cost of living and southern hospitality. To learn more about what Columbia has to offer, click here.
We want to be the first to welcome you to Columbia. We hope these links will help you learn more about our great city!
- Columbia Visitor & Convention Bureau
- Greater Columbia Chamber of Commerce
- City of Columbia
- Richland County Government
- Lexington County Government
- South Carolina State Government
Palmetto Health is here to make your move to Columbia as easy as possible. Our recruiters will introduce you to area realtors and answer any questions you may have about living in Columbia.
Columbia has a great mix of neighborhoods. You will find older homes in midtown neighborhoods such as Shandon and Forest Acres. Newer, younger neighborhoods are expanding in the suburban areas of Irmo, Lexington, Northeast Columbia and on Lake Murray.
- Moving Calculator (estimates moving costs from one city to another)
- Cost of Living Calculator (compares cost of living in US cities)
- Local Relocation Services
National Home/Apartment Finders
Schools and Education
Columbia is home to the University of South Carolina, a leading graduate research institution including schools of medicine, nursing and public health. Nine other degree-granting colleges and universities are located here, including Midlands Technical College, the largest in the state. More than 130 public and 70 private schools for all grades are in Richland and Lexington counties, the two counties in the Columbia metropolitan area.