- Patient & Visitor Information
- Baptist Patients & Visitors
- Richland Patients & Visitors
- Chapel Services
- E-Mail a Patient
- Hospital Telephone Numbers
- Hospital Addresses
- Hotels & Inns
- Maps and Directions
- Medical Records
- Patient Rights & Privacy Policies
- PubMed Online Library Database
- Our Physician Practices
- Specialty Centers
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Patient Care Services
- Education, Residency Programs & Research
- Community Outreach
- Patient Stories
- Palmetto Health Foundation
- Volunteer Programs
Palmetto Health Richland is one of the largest and most progressive hospitals in the Southeast. Whether it's the latest state-of-the-art technology or just nurses using in-house cellular phones while on duty to increase communication and efficiency among themselves, physicians and other ancillary departments, Palmetto Health Richland has earned its stripes as a leader in many areas of treatment and research.
Palmetto Health Richland currently is using a technology called computer-guided surgery or "Stealth Station" for intracranial, head and neck surgery. This technology produces a three-dimensional image of the surgical area and projects the image onto a computer screen during surgery, allowing physicians to see the most desirable path on which to operate.
Palmetto Health Richland is a fully accredited facility and a major referral center for physicians across South Carolina and beyond.
- As a teaching hospital, Palmetto Health Richland boasts 22 graduate medical education programs in a wide range of specialties and subspecialties with nearly 250 residents and fellows on staff.
- The hospital is affiliated with the University of South Carolina and other institutions of higher learning to provide training opportunities for medical, dental, pharmacy, nursing and other healthcare students. These affiliations attract nationally known medical professionals to the hospital, and patients benefit from the latest treatment methods developed from their work and from their participation in national research efforts.
Our specialty services include high-risk obstetrics, orthopedics, psychiatry, cardiology, oncology, nephrology, neonatology, neurology, neurosurgery, medical/surgical services and pediatrics.
Frequently Called Numbers
Our Mission and Values
Palmetto Health Richland is committed to ...
Palmetto Health Richland is committed to improving the physical, emotional and spiritual health of all individuals and communities we serve; to providing care with excellence and compassion; and, to working with others who share our fundamental commitment to improving the human condition.
To be remembered by each patient as providing the care and compassion we want for our families and ourselves.
At Palmetto Health Richland, quality services for patients and their physicians are relentlessly pursued. Our commitment to community health and wellness guides our services, partnerships and investments. Our health care professionals, employees and volunteers are valued and recognized for their unique contributions, and an environment of trust, integrity, and the highest ethical standards is maintained at all levels.
Columbia is South Carolina's capital and is perfectly situated in the middle of the state. Only a couple of hours from South Carolina's spectacular beaches and the lush Blue Ridge Mountains, Columbia has much to offer anyone who wants to live life to the fullest.
The Greater Columbia area's approximately 716,000 residents also benefit from ten degree-granting colleges and universities located in town, including the University of South Carolina, a leading graduate research institution including schools of medicine, nursing and public health. In fact, Palmetto Health Richland is affiliated with the University to provide training opportunities for medical, dental, pharmacy, nursing and other healthcare students. There are also more than 130 public and 70 private schools in the two counties that make up Columbia—Richland and Lexington county. Palmetto Health Richland works with most of them in a series of health education endeavors.
Palmetto Health Richland
5 Richland Medical Park Drive
Columbia, SC 29203
- Bill Pay
- Emergent Care Transfers
- Gift Shops
- Internet Access
- Medical Staff Officers
- Our History
- Palmetto Health Breast Center
- Palmetto Health Cancer Centers
- Patient & Visitor Info
- Quick Facts
- Richland Medical Staff Directory
- Richland Women's Services
- Trauma Program
- Volunteer Programs
- Women's Services