- Patient & Visitor Information
- Our Physician Practices
- Specialty Centers
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Patient Care Services
- Behavioral Care
- Breast Center
- Cardiac Services
- Cerebrovascular Center
- Chest Pain ER
- Dental Center
- Diabetes Education
- Geriatric Services
- HomeCare Services/Hospice
- Imaging Services
- Laboratory Services
- Mobile Critical Care Unit
- Outpatient Services
- Palmetto Health Counseling
- Imaging Center
- Parkridge Surgery Center
- PET/CT Imaging Center
- Pharmacy Services
- Prostate Health
- Physical and Specialty Therapy
- Research Physical Therapy Specialists
- Sleep Diagnostic Centers
- Women's Services
- Wound Care
- Education, Residency Programs & Research
- Community Outreach
- Patient Stories
- Palmetto Health Foundation
- Volunteer Programs
Palmetto Health offers the area's most comprehensive array of Women's Services, from obstetrics to gynecologic surgery to breast care, women in the Midlands trust the expertise available only at Palmetto Health. Each year, the hospitals of Palmetto Health deliver more than 5,500 babies at our Birthplace, bringing moms and newborns the very best care available in a compassionate and friendly environment. Our highly experienced staff is equipped with the lastest technology to provide patients with the highest level of care.
Q: Why do women of the Midlands trust the hospitals of Palmetto Health for maternity services?
A: Our hospitals serve more mothers and babies than any other in the Midlands, with more than 5,500 births last year alone. We offer compassionate care combined with advanced technology to provide for our patients' educational, spiritual and emotional needs. In addition...
- We have the area's only certified maternal-fetal specialist and prenatal genetic counseling for high-risk pregnancies
- We have the area's highest level Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICU), caring for premature babies or those with special needs
- Our neonatologists and NICU staffs care for the state's smallest, most critically ill babies, saving lives every day
- Baptist has new, all-private NICU rooms to encourage family bonding from the very beginning
- Richland is a regional perinatal center, providing the highest level of skill and technology for high-risk OB and neonatal patients
- Baptist Parkridge offers new mothers an in-room post-delivery massage and facial provided by the skilled team meambers from Healing Waters spa, located at Baptist Parkridge.
- We offer a wide spectrum of delivery and rooming options to meet your needs, whether you prefer natural childbirth or some assistance from anesthesia, infant rooming-in or nursery care
- We provide certified lactation consultants for all new moms who choose to breastfeed
- We offer a variety of childbirth education classes to prepare you for your new arrival, as well as resources for managing postpartum emotions
- We're the safest, most experienced place to bring a new life into the world
Q: Why do women of the Midlands trust Palmetto Health for breast cancer screening and treatment?
A: We were the state's first and are the Midlands' only facility to receive accreditation from the American College of Surgeons' National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, providing you with cutting-edge evaluation, treatment and follow-up breast care. Our Breast Center is an American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. Also...
- We perform nearly 40,000 screening and diagnostic mammograms each year
- We diagnose and treat more breast cancers than most other hospitals in the state.
- We provide diagnostic results quickly, usually within 24 to 48 hours
- We were the first in the area to provide digital mammography, automated whole breast ultrasound and other cutting edge technology to benefit patients
- We were the first in the area to hold weekly breast cancer conferences with a multidisciplinary medical team to ensure the best treatment for all newly diagnosed patients
- We were the first in the area to provide mobile mammography for your convenience
- We offer a variety of locations around town for your convenience
- We were the first in the area to provide support from a dedicated breast cancer Nurse Navigator
- We offer support programs and groups for breast cancer patients
- Our highly trained radiologists, pathologists, surgeons, mammography techs and nurse navigators are committed to providing you with the highest level of quality breast care, right here at home.
- You and your family benefit from our years of experience, as well as our expertise.
Q: Why do women of the Midlands trust the hospitals of Palmetto Health for Women's Services, including GYN surgeries?
A: We are the area's first hospital to offer robotic-assisted GYN surgeries, and were among the first to offer other minimally invasive surgeries, providing a faster recovery for patients. We know you want to get back on your feet—and back to your family—as quickly as possible. With the area's most skilled, experienced surgeons you get the very best care at Palmetto Health.