- Patient & Visitor Information
- Our Physician Practices
- Specialty Centers
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Patient Care Services
- Education, Residency Programs & Research
- Community Outreach
- Community Health Initiatives
- Community Health Needs Assessment
- Community Support Programs
- Driver Rehabilitation Program
- Emergency Preparedness
- Walk for Life - Race for Life
- Healthy Aging Program Initiative (HAPI)
- SAFE KIDS Midlands
- Palmetto Health-YMCA
- Sickle Cell Center
- Support Groups
- Speakers Bureau
- Patient Stories
- Palmetto Health Foundation
- Volunteer Programs
We understand that many of the same things that were important to you 10 or 20 years ago are just as important to you today - staying healthy, being with family and friends and enjoying all that life has to offer.
Just as aging is inevitable, so is change. And change comes in a variety of forms - such as the birth of a grandchild, retirement, the loss of a spouse or friend, or the excitement that learning brings.
That's why at Palmetto Health, we’ve developed PrimeTimes, a unique program for people ages 55 and older. Since its inception in 1989, PrimeTimes has grown to more than 17,000 members.
Although most members live in the Midlands of South Carolina, some are as far away as Pennsylvania, Florida and Alabama. Because of the variety of programs and services available to members, even those who live out-of-state can benefit.
As a member, you are eligible for the following benefits:
- monthly health seminars and educational programs on a wide-range of topics such as arthritis, gardening, financial planning, travel and memory improvement
- up to $40 off mammograms after insurance and/or Medicare pays
- up to $45 off osteoporosis scans after insurance and/or Medicare pays
- discounted meal tickets for members who are inpatients at Palmetto Health
- free health insurance claims filing assistance
- 30 percent discount on meals in the hospital cafeteria and bistro
- free discount prescription card
- a discount vision care option
- a variety of travel opportunities
- osteoporosis exercise classes
- lessons in areas such as defensive driving and creative writing
- and the opportunity to participate in programs and events offered throughout the year such as Zoo Walkers
The only requirement for membership is age — you must be at least 55 years old to join. Lifetime membership is only $5 per person. After receiving your application for membership, we will mail you a membership card and a PrimeTimes benefits brochure.
To download a PrimeTimes membership application, click here. The application requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to open and print. If you do not have it, click the Adobe icon to download it for free.
Applications are usually available for in-person pickup at the Information Desk at Palmetto Health Baptist, and the Volunteer Services office at Palmetto Health Richland.
For additional information or to receive an application by mail, click here to send us an e-mail or call us at (803) 296-5978.
To promote good health, PrimeTimes and Riverbanks Zoo and Garden have joined together to offer Zoo Walkers, a health education and exercise program just for older adults.
Whether you roar Good Morning to lions from Africa, spend your lunch time in the botanical gardens or your afternoon in the rainforests of South America, the Riverbanks Zoo and Garden can provide a safe, entertaining and educational environment for exercise.
Riverbanks provides a safe and interesting place for older adults with many well-paved footpaths essential for walking. Enjoy meeting new friends of all species while participating in one of the safest forms of exercise.
All participants in Zoo Walkers must be members of the Riverbanks Society and PrimeTimes of Palmetto Health Baptist. Membership in Riverbanks Society begins at $39 per year for an individual membership.
For additional information on the Zoo Walkers program, please call us at (803) 296-5978 or click here to send us an e-mail.