- Patient & Visitor Information
- Our Physician Practices
- Specialty Centers
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Patient Care Services
- Education, Residency Programs & Research
- Community Outreach
- Community Health Initiatives
- Community Health Needs Assessment
- Community Support Programs
- Driver Rehabilitation Program
- Emergency Preparedness
- Walk for Life - Race for Life
- Healthy Aging Program Initiative (HAPI)
- SAFE KIDS Midlands
- Sickle Cell Center
- Support Groups
- Speakers Bureau
- Patient Stories
- Palmetto Health Foundation
- Volunteer Programs
Someone who is close by so you don't have far to go?
Someone who knows you by name, your personal health history and is interested in you?
All of this is available through a program called Richland Care.
Who We Are
Richland Care is a partnership of many groups in our community that want to make healthcare services accessible to those who do not have health insurance and cannot afford care. The game plan is to keep you in good health.
How We Help
Your doctor or nurse and Richland Care want you to get and stay healthy. To help you, Richland Care will:
- Ask you to choose a doctor's office that is close by and convenient
- Give you the number to a 24-hour nurse call line
- Help you with visits to specialists and hospitals
- Help you get mental health, substance abuse and other services
- Give you a Healthwise Handbook so that you can learn about your health
- Give you information on how to stay healthy and prevent illness
- Give you special help if you have diabetes or high blood pressure
How Richland Care Works
It's FREE to enroll. Each member of Richland Care gets a membership card. You must show it to your doctor and at the hospital whenever you visit. This will help them keep track of your medical history and make sure you get the care you need.
There is a small fee when you use services provided.
Who Is Eligible
To be eligible for Richland Care, you must:
Live in Richland County
Meet low income requirements
Have no health insurance
Not be eligible for Medicare, Medicaid or VA benefits
A Few Expectations
Once approved, you will be expected to:
use your doctor's office for your healthcare needs
make and keep appointments
follow advice of your doctor
Here's How to Enroll
To enroll in Richland Care, you must complete an application. You can get an application at any of the doctors' offices listed below. For more information, call 803-296-2220.
Once you have applied, you will get a Richland Care Healthwise Handbook and the number to a 24-hour nurse call line.
Would you like to join Richland Care? Please contact us at
293 Greystone Blvd.
Columbia, SC 29210