Richland Care is a program to help keep low-income individuals healthy and help them get better when they’re sick. Richland Care is a partnership of many groups in our community that want to make health care services accessible to those who do not have health insurance and cannot afford care.
How Richland Care Can Help You Stay Healthy:
- Ask you to choose a doctor's office that is close by and convenient
- Give you the number to a 24-hour nurse call line
- Help you with visits to specialists and hospitals
- Help you get mental health, substance abuse and other services
- Give you a Healthwise Handbook so that you can learn about your health
- Give you information on how to stay healthy and prevent illness
- Give you special help if you have diabetes or high blood pressure
It’s Free to Enroll in Richland Care
When you enroll in Richland Care, you will get a membership card to show to your doctor and at the hospital whenever you visit. This will help them keep track of your medical history and make sure you get the care you need. There is a small fee when you use services provided.
Who Is Eligible
To be eligible for Richland Care, you must:
- Live in Richland County
- Meet low income requirements
- Have no health insurance
- Not be eligible for Medicare, Medicaid or VA benefits
A Few Expectations For Members
Once approved, you will be expected to:
- Use your doctor's office for your health care needs
- Make and keep appointments
- Follow advice of your doctor
Here's How to Enroll
To enroll in Richland Care, you must complete an application, available by calling 803-296-2220 or contacting us via email. Once you have applied, you will get a Richland Care Healthwise Handbook and the number to a 24-hour nurse call line.