- Patient & Visitor Information
- Our Physician Practices
- Specialty Centers
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Patient Care Services
- Behavioral Care
- Breast Center
- Cardiac Services
- Cerebrovascular Center
- Chest Pain ER
- Dental Center
- Diabetes Education
- Geriatric Services
- HomeCare Services/Hospice
- Imaging Services
- Laboratory Services
- Mobile Critical Care Unit
- Outpatient Services
- Palmetto Health Counseling
- Parkridge Surgery Center
- PET/CT Imaging Center
- Pharmacy Services
- Prostate Health
- Rehabilitative Services
- Research Physical Therapy Specialists
- Sleep Diagnostic Centers
- Women's Services
- Wound Care
- Education, Residency Programs & Research
- Community Outreach
- Patient Stories
- Palmetto Health Foundation
- Volunteer Programs
Palmetto SeniorCare is a Palmetto Health program designed to help participants stay with their families and be active in their communities. This program, available to Richland and Lexington County residents, provides daily medical care at an adult day health center, relieving families from round-the-clock supervision and support of a loved one. Palmetto SeniorCare has gained national recognition for its non-traditional approach to caring for the frail elderly.
Palmetto SeniorCare services:
An all-inclusive health care program that offers a more personal way for frail seniors to receive health care, Palmetto SeniorCare provides participants with many kinds of care. A personal care team will work with the patient and family members to decide what services best meet his or her needs. A range of services is available 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week, 365-days-a-year.
Services may include:
- Primary and Specialty Medical Care – Provided by Palmetto SeniorCare physicians. In addition, a variety of medical and surgical specialists are available to assure that all of the participant's health care needs are met.
- Women's Care Specialist Services – Available when needed.
- Outpatient Medical Services – Laboratory tests, X-rays, and other tests are provided as part of Palmetto SeniorCare's program. Prescribed medicines, artificial limbs, durable medical equipment, vision care, psychiatric care and hearing services are available when needed.
- Hospital Patient Care – A broad range of semi-private medical, surgical, intensive care and coronary care programs and testing and support services required for appropriate care are provided by Palmetto Health Richland.
- Home Health Care – Services provided in the home include skilled nursing and doctor visits; physical, occupational and speech therapy; medical social services; home health aide; homemaker/chore assistance; and home delivered meals.
- Nursing Home Care – Includes semi-private room and board, doctor's visits, medical social services, and medical supplies and appliances.
- Health-Related Services – Transportation, escort services and help with financial management are available.
- Adult Day Health care – Services such as nursing, social work, physical, occupational and speech therapy, nutritional and personal care are provided in our community-based centers. Meals and snacks, recreational and social activities and transportation can be provided.
All services offered through Palmetto SeniorCare are planned and authorized through an interdisciplinary team. The team assesses each participant individually, develops and implements the care plan, and monitors progress, modifying the plan as necessary. The program focuses on preventive care, maintenance of functional abilities, and the early recognition and treatment of changes that can signal major problems. Access to a holistic care plan through Palmetto SeniorCare results in less frequent hospitalization and decreased dependency on medications. This leads to a healthier and better quality of life for participating seniors because fewer health care resources are needed, so care is not as costly and participants can spend quality time enjoying one another and the activities of the centers.
Palmetto SeniorCare locations:
Palmetto SeniorCare Laurel
|Palmetto SeniorCare Lexington
700 Knox Abbott Drive
West Columbia, SC 29169
|Palmetto SeniorCare Shandon
1100 Shirley Street
Columbia, SC 29205
|Palmetto SeniorCare White Rock
109 Wartburg Street
White Rock, SC 29177
Who pays for Palmetto SeniorCare?
The program pools funding sources to provide care based on the needs of individuals rather than reimbursement guidelines for traditional fee-for-service payment sources.
Once enrolled in the program, all services are provided by Palmetto SeniorCare rather than by individual providers under the traditional fee-for-service system. If the participant is eligible for Medicare and/or Medicaid, Palmetto SeniorCare takes the place of the standard Medicare and/or Medicaid programs. The only payment made by Medicare and/or Medicaid for the care the participant needs will be one payment each month to Palmetto SeniorCare.
Who is eligible for Palmetto SeniorCare?
Participants are eligible for the program if they are:
- At least 55 years old;
- Residents of Richland or Lexington counties;
- Certified by the Department of Health and Human Services to have met the nursing home requirements for the State of South Carolina;
- Able to live in the community without jeopardizing their health or safety.
How do you enroll in Palmetto SeniorCare?