Palmetto Health is the region's largest, most comprehensive, locally owned, not-for-profit health care resource. It leads the region in the number and volume of inpatient and outpatient services provided because of the depth and breadth of available services including general, acute and critical care; the number and diversity of specialty physicians providing the full array of treatment from primary to emergency care and beyond; care that is delivered with compassion by a staff that records high levels of satisfaction in their work and achieves the highest level of patient satisfaction in the nation; and because of its emphasis on leadership development, patient safety and quality outcomes. All patients are provided needed care regardless of ability to pay.
The 1,138-bed system in Columbia, a JCAHO-accredited institution, has more than 8,400 employees and 1,000 physicians. The hospitals of Palmetto Health provide care for 70 percent of the residents of Richland County and more than 55 percent of the healthcare for the combined Richland/Lexington county area. The latest technology and treatment protocols go hand-in-hand with quality patient care. Palmetto Health is composed of four outstanding hospitals—Palmetto Health Richland and Baptist in Columbia, and the Heart Hospital and Children's Hospital in Columbia.
Baptist Easley Hospital, (109 licensed beds), located in the beautiful upstate of South Carolina, is a leading community hospital which celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2008. The hospital is the primary healthcare service provider in Pickens County.
As of October 1, 2009, Palmetto Health entered a joint venture with Greenville Hospital System University Medical Center to operate Baptist Easley Hospital.
Our hospitals are highly respected, long-time members of the community. Each year, we treat nearly a half million patients, welcome more than 6,600 babies into the world, treat more than 80,000 pediatric patients and 3,000 cancer patients, accommodate more than 160,000 Emergency department visits, perform nearly 50,000 mammograms, and make close to 32,000 home care visits.
The system also boasts Pastoral Counseling Centers in Columbia and Easley, as well as a strong occupational health program for area employers, HealthWorks.
- Palmetto Health Richland (649 beds)
- Palmetto Health Baptist (489 beds)
- Baptist Easley Hospital (109 beds with Greenville Hospital System)
- Palmetto Health Parkridge
- Palmetto Health Children's Hospital
- Palmetto Health Heart Hospital
Palmetto Health Features
- 1,138 licensed beds
- 1,000+ member medical and dental staff
- 8,400+ employees
- Pastoral counseling centers — Columbia and Easley
- Four Palmetto SeniorCare locations for medically fragile elderly
- Senior Primary Care Practice
- Children's Hospital
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Units
- Palmetto Health Cancer Centers
- Palmetto Health Breast Center
- Bariatric Services–Weight Management Center
- Gamma Knife Center
- Total Joint Center
- Heart Hospital
- Women's Center/Women's Services
- PET/CT Imaging Center
- Psychiatry/Behavioral Medicine/Chemical Dependency
- Home Care/Hospice Services/Palliative Care
- Pain & Orthopaedic Care Center
- Center for Sleep Disorders
- Level I Trauma/Emergency Services-Chest Pain ER
- Air Ambulance Helicopter Service
- Neonatal, Pediatric and Cardiac Ground Transport
- HealthWorks Occupational Health Program
- Sickle Cell Center
- 3T-MRI/Brain Imaging Center
- Founding partner, Health Sciences South Carolina
- Robotic Surgery Center
- Simulation Center
- 12 medical residency programs; 8 fellowship programs
Service Area: Counties of Anderson, Calhoun, Clarendon, Fairfield, Greenville, Kershaw, Lee, Lexington, Newberry, Oconee, Orangeburg, Pickens, Richland, Spartanburg and Sumter.
Information about all of these Palmetto Health services and facilities can be found within this site. We hope you enjoy your visit to our website and come back often. If you have questions about the site or would like to ask a health-related question, please e-mail us by clicking below. And thanks for visiting with us.
All pages and content of this website © 2011 Palmetto Health.