- Patient & Visitor Information
- Quality and Patient Safety
- Our Physician Practices
- Specialty Centers
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Patient Care Services
- Education, Residency Programs & Research
- Community Outreach
- Colorectal Cancer Awareness Walk
- Community Health Initiatives
- Community Support Programs
- Driver Rehabilitation Program
- Emergency Preparedness
- Walk for Life - Race for Life
- Healthy Aging Program Initiative (HAPI)
- SAFE KIDS Midlands
- Sickle Cell Center
- Support Groups
- Speakers Bureau
- Patient Stories
- Palmetto Health Foundation
- Volunteer Programs
Education Business Partnerships
Crayton Middle School
1997 marked the beginning of the Palmetto Health business partnership with Crayton Middle School. Palmetto Health has sponsored their athletics programs, summer reading program and a mentoring program for at-risk students in the 6th, 7th and 8th grades. Students also participate in Palmetto Health's Teen Talk program. Our employees serve on the Student Improvement Council. Palmetto Health sponsored their student computer lab giving students an opportunity for additional computer time after school and during lunch. We have also provided the school with Automatic External Defibrillators.
Crayton Middle school students annually participate in the Giving Tree project by collecting new, unwrapped toys for children with sickle cell disease and their siblings.
Carver-Lyon Elementary School
Palmetto Health formed a partnership with Carver-Lyon Elementary school in 2001. More than sixty employees participate in the school's Lunch Buddy program and also serve on the Student Improvement Council. Twice a month, our employees have one-on-one with students sharing fellowship, fun and food.
As a result of the Lunch Buddy program, most of the participating students have shown an increase in grades, better attendance and fewer discipline referrals.
Employees also participate in the School Improvement Council (SIC) and Career Day.
Edward E. Taylor Elementary School
Edward E. Taylor Elementary School is a Title One school. Palmetto Health formed a partnership with the school in 2003 and now has more than 50 employees who participate in the school's Lunch Buddy program. Twice a month, our employees have one-on-one with students sharing fellowship, fun and food.
Our employees also participate in the school's Career Day activities and Junior Achievement program.
Students are now more enthusiastic about taking the PACT test and have shown improvement in their grades, behavior and attitudes.
The goal for our partnership is to provide workshops on stress management and conflict resolution, assist with annual CPR training and to implement a wellness/exercise program for faculty and staff. We also will teach "Babysitting Tips" to 5th graders.
- Palmetto Health and Richland County School District One were one of six schools nationally to receive the Council for Corporate & School Partnerships National School and Business Partnerships Award in 2003.
- Palmetto Health has been named Richland School District One Business Partner of the Year several times.