- Patient & Visitor Information
- Our Physician Practices
- Specialty Centers
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Patient Care Services
- Education, Residency Programs & Research
- Community Outreach
- Patient Stories
- Palmetto Health Foundation
- Volunteer Programs
Palmetto Health offers a number of ways to help patients undergoing cancer treatment and their families. Our dedicated and compassionate staff, experienced Nurse Navigators, support groups, chaplains and others are all here to offer you the same level of care they would want for themselves.
Palmetto Health Cancer Centers sees and treats about 3,000 patients each year. When faced with a cancer diagnosis, patients and their families are educated about the disease, navigated, treated and supported by our multidisciplinary health care team.
Adult Oncology Services
- Located on the 11th floor of 5 Medical Park at Palmetto Health Richland, with 52 private rooms for medical, surgical and gynecological oncology patients.
- Located at 8th Averyt at Palmetto Health Baptist, with 40 bedsin all private roomsOur Duby Thompson Resource Room has cancer educational books, brochures and internet access available for patients and families.
- All inpatient units have case managers, social workers, chaplains, volunteers and a host of health care professionals and allied support services to provide care and support to patients and families.
- All patient rooms have space and accommodations to encourage family members to stay with their loved one.
- The Cancer Center has unlimited visiting hours; we simply request that all of our guests and visitors be respectful of others.
- Located in 7 Medical Park at Palmetto Health Richland
- Eight-bed inpatient unit to provide care for pediatric oncology patients and their families
- Outpatient center for chemotherapy and follow-up appointments
- Available to Palmetto Health inpatients
- Focuses on the relief of pain, symptoms and stress associated with a serious illness.
- Palliative care is offered at any stage of an illness along with other medical treatment.
- For more information, call (803) 296-2726.
- Our Home Health Services are available for patients who need skilled nursing care or therapy. If going home alone presents problems for patients or their families, they can ask their doctor about Home Health. For more information, call (803) 296-3144.
- Palmetto Health Hospice provides a variety of health-related care and support services for terminally ill patients and their families. For more information, call (803) 296-3144.
- Private Care Services provide healthcare professionals to meet a patient's needs for a private duty nurse in or out of the hospital. It also can provide homecare aides to prepare meals and run errands and companion sitters. Call (803) 296-3132 for more information.