|Print This Page Email this page to a Friend|
Palmetto Health is partnering with the LiveWell Columbia Project to improve the health and wellbeing of the community. From August through October 2013, Palmetto Health administered assessments to residents in 29203 and received 1,542 responses. Residents who participated in assessments were from diverse backgrounds, family types and age groups.
Results of the assessments will be presented at several community health forums. Free diabetes and prostate cancer screenings also will be available. The health forums will at the following times and locations:
• Tuesday, Jan. 28: 5:30-7 p.m. at Meadowlake Park, 524 Beckman Rd.
• Wednesday, Feb. 19: 5:30-7 p.m. at Crane Creek Gymnasium, 7405-B Fairfield Rd.
• Monday, March 10: 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Greenview Park, 6700 David St.
Information shared in the community assessment will help determine plans for community health goals, including:
• Understand options and approaches for addressing community health challenges.
• Increase awareness and knowledge of local and national resources to help create healthier communities.
Registration is not needed for the health forums, but pre-registration is required for the screenings. To register for the screenings, call 803-296-CARE (2273). For more information about Community Health initiatives, call 296-3070 or visit PalmettoHealth.org/Community Health.