It is estimated that 6 million Americans suffer from chronic non-healing wounds. Our goal is to support the healing process of painful, chronic wounds which have not shown improvement after 30 days of traditional wound care. Palmetto Health has a broad range of treatment options for patients who need specialized wound care, including hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
Indications for Wound Care:
- Diabetic wounds
- Pressure ulcers
- Venous stasis
- Vasculitic ulcers
- Non-healing surgical wounds
- Complex soft-tissue wounds
- Traumatic wounds
- Infected wounds
Advanced Wound Care – West Columbia
Advanced Wound Care in West Columbia offers state-of-the-art treatment for chronic wounds that do not yet require hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT). In addition, the program offers outpatient HBOT for more advanced wounds. HBOT is used to treat chronic severe wounds and infections that are not healing due to oxygen deprivation. Services include excisional and selective debridement, use of cellular and acellular grafts and matrix, negative pressure wound management, total contact casts, advanced wound dressings and topical ointments and multilayer compression therapy.
- treats outpatient wound care referrals only
- follows a case-management model
- uses advanced modalities to aggressively treat chronic wounds
- offers in-house hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) as necessary to promote healing
2989 Sunset Blvd.
West Columbia, SC 29169
Monday– Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Indications for Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) Wound Care:
- Chronic osteomyelitis
- Crush injury; compartment syndrome
- Gas gangrene
- Necrotizing soft tissue infections
- Late radiation tissue injury
- Thermal burns
- Compromised skin graft/flap
- Arterial insufficiency
- treats outpatients in addition to acutely ill and ventilator-dependent trauma patients
- focuses on advanced hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT)
- consults available 24 hours a day 7 days a week from a team of specialized physicians
- uses evidence-based protocols substantiated by outcomes
- home to international hyperbaric medicine training program
5 Richland Medical Park
Columbia, SC 29203
Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.