Your patient referrals are important to us. To better facilitate this process and improve our communication with you, we have expanded our services to assist with your transport needs.
Our Transport Center is a one-call service center, operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to streamline the referral and acceptance process, making it less time consuming and more convenient for you. When you call the Transport Center, a communications specialist will:
- Transfer the referring physician to a nurse. The nurse will collect patient information, including the patient's name, date of birth, social security number, location and phone number, medical history and current diagnosis.
- Page the physician on-call for the service requested.
- Facilitate a consult between you and the hospital's attending physician to discuss the patient's condition.
ALL REFERRALS REQUIRE DIRECT PHYSICIAN TO PHYSICIAN CONTACT PRIOR TO ACCEPTANCE .
If the patient is accepted, the Transport Center will:
- Assist with transportation for critical care patients who require ground transport by our Mobile Coronary Care Unit when available. Normal hours are Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Coordinate nursing unit and bed arrangements for the patient
- Request transmission of necessary paperwork and medical documents
To contact the Transport Center about a referral, call toll-free at 1-800-757-4625. Thank you for your continued support and referrals to Palmetto Health Richland. Should you have any concerns or comments, please e-mail us.
To contact the Transport Center about a referral, call toll-free at 1-800-757-4625. Thank you for your continued support and referrals to Palmetto Health Richland.
Should you have any concerns or comments, please e-mail us.