Q: Why do women of the Midlands prefer Baptist and Richland, the hospitals of Palmetto Health, for women's and maternity services?
A: Our hospitals serve more mothers and babies than any other in the Midlands, with more than 6,600 births last year alone. We offer compassionate care combined with advanced technology to provide for our patients' educational, spiritual and emotional needs. In addition...
- We have the area's only maternal-fetal specialist and prenatal genetic counseling for high-risk pregnancies
- We have the area's highest level Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICU), caring for premature babies or those with special needs
- Our neonatologists and NICU staffs care for the state's smallest, most critically ill babies, saving lives every day
- Baptist has new, all-private NICU rooms to encourage family bonding from the very beginning
- Richland is a regional perinatal center, providing the highest level of skill and technology for high-risk OB and neonatal patients
- We offer a wide spectrum of delivery and rooming options to meet your needs, whether you prefer natural childbirth or some assistance from anesthesia, infant rooming-in or nursery care
- We provide certified lactation consultants for all new moms who choose to breastfeed
- We offer a variety of childbirth education classes to prepare you for your new arrival, as well as resources for managing postpartum emotions
- We're the safest, most experienced place to bring a new life into the world!
See our Women's Services links for more detailed information!
Q: Why do women of the Midlands prefer Baptist and Richland for breast cancer screening and treatment?
A: We were the state's first and are the Midlands' only facility to receive accreditation from the American College of Surgeons' National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, providing you with cutting-edge evaluation, treatment and follow-up breast care. Our Breast Center is an American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. Also...
- We perform nearly 50,000 screening and diagnostic mammograms each year
- We diagnose and treat more breast cancers than any other hospital in the state.
- We find more small breast cancers, when more treatment options are available, than any other hospital in the state
- We provide diagnostic results quickly, usually within 24 to 48 hours
- We were the first in the area to provide digital mammography and other cutting edge technology to benefit patients
- We were the first in the area to hold weekly breast cancer conferences with a multidisciplinary medical team to ensure the best treatment for all newly diagnosed patients
- We were the first in the area to provide mobile mammography for your convenience
- We offer a variety of locations around town for your convenience
- We were the first in the area to provide support from a dedicated breast cancer Nurse Navigator
- We are the only hospital in the area to provide information about ongoing clinical trials
- We offer support groups for breast cancer patients
- Our highly trained radiologists, pathologists, surgeons, mammography techs and nurse navigators are committed to providing you with the highest level of quality breast care, right here at home.
- You and your family benefit from our years of experience, as well as our expertise.
Visit our Breast Center links for more detailed information!
Q: Why do women of the Midlands prefer Baptist and Richland for women's services, including GYN surgeries?
A: We are the area's only hospital offering robotic assisted GYN surgeries, and were among the first to offer other minimally invasive surgeries, providing a faster recovery for patients. We know you want to get back on your feet—and back to your family—as quickly as possible. With the area's most skilled, experienced surgeons, and 21 new surgical suites at Baptist alone, you get the very best care at the hospitals of Palmetto Health. See our Women's Services links for more detailed information!
Source: Based on the recently voted "Best Hospital" and "Best Place to Have a Baby" 2011 The State newspaper reader's choice poll, and a recent independent market study where a majority of women preferred the hospitals of Palmetto Health for women's and maternity care and breast cancer screenings and treatment.